"WE'RE BETTER TOGETHER"
// SMALL GROUPS AT NEW LIFE //
NL Groups have one simple vision in mind: bringing people together. We know that being in community is a vital component to growing as a Christ follower. The example of a Christian church in Acts stresses the importance of ministry "house to house," which is why our small groups meet in homes all over the North GA area weekly. Jesus Himself walked through life surrounded by 12 disciples and through that they were encouraged and empowered to do His work. We know that God created us to live in relationship with others -relationships meant to fill you, sharpen you, and help carry your burdens. Joining a small group provides an opportunity for accountability, spiritual growth, and fellowship. That's why small groups exist at New Life - to make these meaningful relationships accessible to you.
// GROUP LAUNCH EVENT //
Group Launch is your "on-ramp" to joining a small group. This event provides the opportunity to meet all of the small group leaders and choose the group that's right for you. We know joining a group can seem intimidating at first, but this event makes joining a group easy and exciting. Group Launch takes place right after second service (12:30pm).
*Lunch and Childcare are provided.*
Our Next Group Launch Event: January 28th, 2018
To Register for: Winter/Spring Semester
Registration will open for this semester on January 1st, 2018.
// GROUP SEMESTERS //
We know life can be hectic and schedules can be full, so committing long-term to a small group isn't the easiest decision for your calendar. At New Life, we offer two "semesters" for small groups a year - Fall & Winter/Spring. Before each semester, you'll have the opportunity to register for and attend "Group Launch" to choose the group that best suits you. When you commit to a small group, you commit for only one semester at a time, which is typically 10-12 weeks.
Winter/Spring Semester 2018: January 28th - May 6th.
Fall Semester 2018: August 19th - November 4th.
// FAQS //
· What happens during a small group meeting?
- A small group meeting is simply people joining together in a home, enjoying food and fellowship, and discussing topics in the provided curriculum. Small groups are not meant to be a classroom setting with pressure or homework, but a group of people enjoying life with each other and growing in their faith.
· How often does a small group meet?
- Small groups meet once a week for about 2 hours. In the semester system, there are typically 12 weeks offered and your group is encouraged to have 8 meetings in that time period. We know with school vacation schedules like Spring Break, Winter Break, etc... - some weeks will need to be skipped. Your group and group leader will establish which of those weeks to meet during your first small group meeting.
· How long does a typical small group stay together?
- Groups will stay together for the entire group "semester." This way, new people can join groups easily and regularly. After every semester, we want to give you the opportunity to meet new people, join a new group, or even step up to lead a group for the next launch!
· Is there childcare available?
- Childcare varies from group to group, but the groups that offer childcare will be labeled clearly at the Group Launch Event. There are plenty of groups that will provide childcare, although some families choose to hire a personal sitter.
· Are there certain groups for married and single people?
- Almost all groups are "Open Groups," meaning anyone, from any stage of life is able to join a group. Our two unique groups for Fall 2017 Semester are a "Women's Group" (Women Only) and a "Young Adult Group" (18-25).
· Do I have to attend Group Launch to be in a small group?
- No, but it's important to note that Group Launch attendees have the first priority in choosing their group. Our goal is for everyone to be involved in a small group, specifically the group that best suits their location and stage of life, which is why choosing your group at the launch is encouraged. If you're unable to attend Group Launch - but still want to be in a small group - you can register online - and choose the "Unable to Attend" option at the bottom. After the Launch, you'll be placed in a group based on availability, and the information you provide on your registration form.
· Can I bring neighbors and friends to my group?
- We want as many people to be involved in small groups as possible, however, if someone wants to join a group - we request that they attend the initial Group Launch Event with you. Group members do not have to be members of New Life Church but should start and end the semester with the same group. Small groups are meant to be a safe place to open up and share, so adding new members in the middle of the semester could make the growth of your group more difficult. Any friends or family interested in joining a group can register online for the Group Launch Event.
· What if I don't like the small group I join?
- The best part about joining a small group is that God already knows and orchestrates exactly who will be in that group. Some groups are meant to fill you while others might be meant to stretch you. We encourage you to commit to the 8 meetings with your group and allow those relationships to grow. Attending Group Launch is very helpful, in actually meeting and interacting with other members and leaders, to find the group that best suits you. The simple strategy to finding success in small groups is to not give up! We believe there is a group that's right for everyone - including you!
· How can I become a small group leader?
- Leading a small group isn't about being perfect or having a theology degree; it's about serving others by giving them a place to connect. We strive to equip all small group leaders with the tools to make their group successful, by providing leadership training and relevant curriculum. Every small group leader is required to go through NL Growth Track and attend the Small Group Leadership Training. If you're interested in leading a small group, please contact Codi Henson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
// ADDITIONAL INFO //
For additional questions, please contact Pastor Codi Henson at:
- 770-345-2660 ext. 405