Online registration for our Fall Semester of Groups is closed.
Registration will open on: August 4th.
For connection/community opportunities in the summer, please visit www.newlifecanton.com/opentable
- FAQS -
What is a semester?
We know life can be hectic and schedules can be full, so committing long-term to a small group isn't the easiest decision for your calendar. At New Life, we offer two "semesters" for small groups a year - Fall & Winter/Spring. When you commit to a small group, you commit for only one semester at a time, which is typically 10-12 weeks.
Winter/Spring Semester 2019: February 3rd - May 5th
Fall Semester 2019: September 1st - November 3rd
How often does a small group meet?
- Small groups meet once a week for about 2 hours. In the semester system, there are typically 12 weeks offered and your group is encouraged to meet at least every other week during that time. We know with school vacation schedules like Spring Break, Winter Break, etc... - some weeks will need to be skipped. Your group and group leader will establish your specific schedule at your first group meeting!
What happens during a small group meeting?
- A small group meeting is simply people joining together in a home, enjoying food and fellowship, and discussing topics in the curriculum. Small groups are not meant to be a classroom setting with pressure or homework, but a group of people enjoying life with each other and growing in their faith.
How long does a typical small group stay together?
- Groups will stay together for the entire group "semester." This way, new people can join groups easily and regularly. After every semester, we want to give you the opportunity to meet new people, join a new group, or even step up to lead a group for the next launch!
Is there childcare available?
- Childcare varies from group to group, but the groups that offer childcare will be labeled clearly at the Group Launch Event. There are plenty of groups that will provide childcare, although some families choose to hire a personal sitter.
Are there certain groups for married and single people?
- Yes! Depending on what leaders step up to lead each semester, there is always a variety of groups offered. In the past, we’ve had leaders passionate to lead a marriage group, or a women’s group. However, most small groups are interest based or general faith studies - meaning anyone, from any stage of life is able to join those groups, including singles and married.
Can I invite my neighbors or friends to my small group?
- Absolutely! Our goal is for everyone to be involved in a small group. However, we do ask that they register online during the registration period to best accommodate our leaders and the space available in their home. We believe that starting and completing a semester together allows for the greatest connection. Small groups are meant to be a safe place to open up and share, so adding new members in the middle of the semester could make the growth of your group more difficult. Any friends or family interested in joining a group can register online during the open registration period.
What if I don't like the small group I join?
- The best part about joining a small group is that God already knows and orchestrates exactly who will be in that group. Some groups are meant to fill you while others might be meant to stretch you. We encourage you to commit to the meetings with your group and allow those relationships to grow. The simple strategy to finding success in small groups is to not give up! We believe there is a group that's right for everyone - including you!
How can I become a small group leader?
- Leading a small group isn't about being perfect or having a theology degree; it's about serving others by giving them a place to connect. We strive to equip all small group leaders with the tools to make their group successful, by providing leadership training and relevant curriculum. Every small group leader is required to go through Discovery Classes and attend the Small Group Leadership Training. If you're interested in leading a small group, please contact Codi Henson at email@example.com.
// ADDITIONAL INFO //
For additional questions, please contact Pastor Codi Henson at:
- 770-345-2660 ext. 4